North County Gastroenterology Medical Group - Oceanside, CA
This page provides you with practical information about our office. It includes our location, including a map and directions, hours of operation, appointment scheduling, which types of insurance we accept, our billing policies, and other services.
|Monday:||08:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Thursday:||08:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
Accepted Insurance Carriers
Some of the insurance carriers that we accept are listed below. If you do not see your insurance carrier on this list, please call our office to find out if we accept your insurance and/or medical group.
Anthem Blue Cross
Care 1st Health Plan
We belong to the following medical groups:
Cassidy Medical Group
Greater Tri-Cities IPA
Primary Care Associates Medical Group
Scripps Clinic Medical Group
Scripps Coastal Medical Center
Insurance and Billing
Pay your bill online. Visit our portal at https://ncgastro.mygportal.com
North County Gastroenterology will bill your insurance for your services with us. We will send you monthly statements until your charges are paid. Please review your statement carefully when it is received. It will tell you which insurance we are billing and when the service was billed. If you have a secondary insurance, this will be billed after the primary insurance pays. There is a note at the bottom of the statement that instructs you not to pay until you see that your secondary insurance has either paid or responded.
1. We will bill your insurance for the office consultation.
2. HMO Patients
- You will need an authorization from your primary care physician when making an appointment with our office.
- HMO co-pays will be collected for each visit when you check-in for your appointment.
3. Non-HMO, PPO, and Medicare Patients
- We will bill your primary insurance carrier and, if applicable your secondary insurance carrier if you provide all necessary information (i.e. current insurance cards and correct billing addresses).
4. If you undergo a procedure, you may receive up to four (4) separate bills:
- Professional Fee: This is the doctor's charge for performing the procedure. Please note this is a different charge than the initial office consultation.
- Facility Fee: This is the fee for the facility where your procedure is performed (Center for Endoscopy, Tri-City Medical Center, Scripps Memorial Hospital). This fee includes the procedure room charge, nursing care, IV lines, medications, etc.
- Anesthesia Fee: This is the charge for administering a deeper sedation, if applicable.
- Outside lab or pathology fee: If biopsies are taken during your procedure, they are sent to an outside lab. We provide the lab with your insurance information and they will bill your insurance and/or you for their pathology charges. Please contact the lab directly if you have questions regarding their charges. Their telephone number and your account number with them will be on their statement.
If you have further questions, please call the Billing Department at (760) 941-5040.
Appointment Scheduling Details
- Please call (760) 724-8782 to make an appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, we request that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to complete the check-in process. This appointment is for a consultation with one of our physicians or mid-level providers. You will not be having a procedure on this day. If a procedure is needed, it will be scheduled for a different day.
- Cancellations: We have many patients who need appointments. We believe it is not fair to other patients when an appointment time goes unused. Therefore we request a 48 hours' notice of cancellation.
Center for Endoscopy
The physicians of North County Gastroenterology specialize in endoscopic procedures, primarily colonoscopies and upper endoscopies. To make these procedures more convenient for our patients, the physicians opened the Center for Endoscopy in 1991 adjacent to our office. The Center for Endoscopy is a freestanding outpatient ambulatory surgery center (ASC) specializing in both diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures. It was the first state licensed and Medicare certified ASC for endoscopy in California, and is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
North County Gastroenterology has an infusion center for our patients with Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease. Our in-office infusion center allows the physicians to closely monitor patients during their infusion visit.